Image Map

Monday, February 11, 2013

Adventures in Love: Day 11

1 Peter 4:8
Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins.

Whenever I am upset with someone or something, I tend to show it in ways that are...well, less than loving. I might yell, or give the silent treatment. I might try to ignore the problem or confront the source of the frustration and anger. Really the last thing on my mind is showing love. But I think that is exactly what this verse tells us to do! (Funny how God's way is opposite of what our natural human reaction is!) Showing deep love for one another, even when there is a multitude of sin. Sin that makes you angry, and sin that frustrates you. God shows love in the face of sin. He gave us the ultimate example of showing love in the face of sin by sending His Son to die on the cross while we were still sinners. What a display of love! With God's love working in my heart, I will be able to react to sin with love. 

Lord, teach me to smother sin with love. For your word tells us that love covers a multitude of sins. 

Did you miss a day in the Adventures in Love? Below are all the previous days in this 14 day series:
Day 1 * Day 2 * Day 3 * Day 4 * Day 5 * Day 6 * Day 7 * Day 8 * Day 9 * Day 10

** Do you have your own favorite verse about God's love? I would be thrilled if you would join the link party on Friday, February 15th and share the verse and some insights about it with us! For more details, click on the word "LOVE" on the grey strip on the top of the page. 

1 comment:

  1. What a timely series -- and wonderful words of Truth spoken here. I'm going to check out some of your previous Love posts...

    ReplyDelete