Image Map

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Adventures in Love: Day 10


 Matthew 5:43-44 
“You have heard that it was said,
 ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 
44 But I tell you, 
love your enemies and
 pray for those who persecute you."


Jesus said some very powerful and specific things about love. Things that He knew we would need to hear, and things that He knew we would not want to listen to! (Come on, you know I am right!) Who REALLY wants to love their enemy? I don't want to. It is HARD! I believe it is so hard that humans can not do it without God's love working in us and through us. 

The only way I could ever love my enemy with God's help and God's love. 

The last part of that verse "pray for those who persecute you" is a great place to start loving my enemies. Pray for them. Start with the internal thing = prayer, and then the external things = love, will follow. 

Lord, help me to remember each day to pray for my enemies. Show me how to love them, not just with my love, but with YOUR love. 


Did you miss a day in the Adventures in Love? Below are all the previous days in this 14 day series of meditations on God's love:
Day 1 * Day 2 * Day 3 * Day 4 * Day 5 * Day 6 * Day 7 * Day 8 * Day 9

** Do you have your own favorite verse about God's love? I would be thrilled if you would join the link party on Friday, February 15th and share the verse and some insights about it with us! For more details, click on the word "LOVE" on the grey strip on the top of the page. 

Sharing these thoughts today at:




7 comments:

  1. So far this is the best one. You should always love thy enemy and pray for them hoping they find peace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the reminder to pray for my enemies. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your idea for Valentine's post as Valentine's is not only for couples, it's most importantly for our creator.
    Amazing, I feel so blessed to visit your blog.

    Btw,
    I am new follower of your lovely blog. It's fun to connect with fellow bloggers!
    I write a humble bog and hoping you can visit me there as well and follow back :)))

    Looking forward to reading more of your blog.

    xoxo,
    Chi
    http://sunnydaysarelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm enjoying this series. I agree we really need to take God's words about Love more seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for our enemies is so important. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes; prayer has the power to change us! :) We can change as we see God's power work in someone who has hurt or disappointed us and make that person into a better person. Seeing their change helps us to continue our changing to be more like HIM. :)

    Blessings and love!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a tough topic, but one that will bless the socks off of the lover when we take God seriously. Loving our enemies doesn't make sense from the world's perspective, but it works! It never ceases to amaze me how faithful God is to transform my mind, allowing me to stay above the fray in various situations. Occasionally, I've gotten to see a change in the enemies, but even when I haven't, God has provided a way for me to now allow anger, bitterness, and hurt feelings to overcome me. Great topic!

    ReplyDelete