Image Map

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Adventures in Love: Day 7

1 Peter 5:6-7 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

This verse is a challenge for me. I realize it does not have the word "love" in it, but I am going with "cares" as a synonym. Humbeling myself, kinda hard, casting my anxieties on Him, super hard (for me). I am a worrier. I can say with words that I will give all my anxieties to God, but actually DOING that in my heart is a different story. God loves us so much that He wants us to bring Him our burdens. He does not want me (or you!) to worry, because He has what's best for us all planned out. He loves each of his children so much that He wants to lift our burdens off our shoulders and carrie them for us. Lord, help me to bring my burdens to you, and help me to let you take them from me. I don't want to hold them anymore. 

Did you miss a day in the Adventures in Love? Below are all the previous days in this 14 day series of reflections on God's love:
Day 1 * Day 2 * Day 3 * Day 4 * Day 5 * Day 6

** Do you have your own favorite verse about God's love? I would be thrilled if you would join the link party on Friday, February 15th and share the verse and some insights about it with us! For more details, click on the word "LOVE" on the grey strip on the top of the page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment