Image Map

Monday, November 23, 2015

Adventures in Reading: I Prayed For You

There are so many books that tug on my momma heart strings as I read them. As a child I never quite understood why there would be tears in the eyes of the adult that I was reading with at the end of some books. Stories like "Love You Forever" seemed to have that affect. And now that I'm a mom I can hardly hold it together, as the last few words of some stories squeak from my mouth as I read to Rebekah. One of our new books from Tommy Nelson, had me blinking back tears on the very first page...  

You may remember from Rebekah's birth story, that we spent many months praying for a baby. And the prayers have not stopped now that she is here. "I Prayed For You" by Jean Fisher is a sweet story about a mother bear, her baby bear and her prayers for her little one. I love the mix of story and prayer that is contained in each page. Prayers of thanksgiving and for safety are ones that are often on my hear and lips, but this book also includes prayers for joy and the future and serve as a good reminder for my momma brain of different areas of Rebekah's life I can and should be praying for. 

Since it is national adoption month, I can't help think what a wonderful gift this book would make for a family who has adopted. But I know the message would be appreciated by all families!

And Guess What?!


Tommy Nelson is giving away one free copy of "I Prayed For You" to one of you!!! There are 3 different ways you can enter: 

(1) Leave a comment on this blog post telling me something or someone you pray for

~OR~

(2) Click over to our Adventures of D and V Facebook page and like or comment on the post about I Prayed For You

~OR~

(3) Visit my Instagram page and like or comment the picture I have posted about  I Prayed For You.

The winner will be selected and contacted on Wednesday, November 25th.  
I was provided this book for free from Tommy Nelson Publishing in exchange for sharing my opinions. My opinions on blog are all my own true thoughts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment