Image Map

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Adventures in DIY: Tip #5


Tip #5 ~ Find the things that are most helpful in the DIY home improvement process, and do them. 
Sometimes things that seem like little ways to help, are actually the biggest help. 

We enjoy working on our DIY projects together, however I have to admit that most of the construction related DIY skills belong to Daniel. There are many evenings when Daniel and I are working in the basement and I feel like I am spending all of my time getting things for him, while he does all the real "work". And often I would feel discouraged that I was not helping enough, or annoyed that he was always asking me to find this tool or wash that tool. It wasn't until just recently that I realized how much my running all over the house was actually helping him get more work done faster. He wasn't having to stop every 3 minutes to get something or move a ladder to the next location. Find the thing that is most helpful and do it, even if you don't feel like you are helping much. 


Did you miss one of the first 4 DIY home improvement tips?

Tip 1 ~ Tip 2 ~ Tip 3 ~ Tip 4

No comments:

Post a Comment