1 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter
1/4 t. salt
1/2 t. cinnamon
2 medium zucchini's (about 3 c. when cooked)
1 can of evaporated milk (12 oz. can)
1/4 c. milk
1 c sugar
1 t. vanilla
1/2 T. butter
4 T flour
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Slice and cook the zucchini - I just boil mine in a pot of water. Drain zucchini well and set aside.
2) Mix all dry CRUST ingredients together and cut in butter. I don't have a pastry cutter, so I like to use my cheese grater.
3) Press crust into the bottom of a lightly greased 9X13 baking dish and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
4) Combine cooked zucchini and the remaining CREME layer ingredients in a blender (or bowl if you are using an stick blender like I did). Blend until no large chunks of zucchini remain. It will be very runny - don't worry! That's how it is supposed to look!
5) Pour cream layer over crust and bake for 50 min at 350 degrees or until the middle of the dish is firm and only jiggles slightly when the pan is moved.
6) Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature, store in the refrigerator.
Slice and serve when you are read for your serving of veggies!
What is your favorite way to eat zucchini?