Image Map

Friday, September 4, 2015

Adventures in the Kitchen: CSA Week 13 and 14

Well, you get 2 weeks in one post this time for the CSA updates...I forgot to hit publish last week and so you never got to see what was in week 13's box. Here it is!

Week 13: Cucumber, yellow squash, broccoli, onion, garlic, jalapeno peppers, bell peppers, pears, peaches, tomatoes, carrots, green beans, and potatoes. Oh, and a melon!  
Week 14: Peppers, onions, tomatoes, potatoes, brussels sprouts, green beans, a huge watermelon, and sweet corn. 

We have been LOVING the sweet corn, but it has been just a little much for us to eat in a week, so I decided to cut, cook, and freeze some corn. I followed my Aunt Julee's recipe. First, I cut sweet corn from cob with an electric knife. I ended up with about 8 cups of corn. Put it in a big pot and added 6 tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 cup of water. Then I brought it to a boil and boiled for 5 min. Spread on jelly roll pan to cool and put in freezer bags and freeze. 

Here is the yummy corn cooling!


This week I'm going to be on the look out for brussels sprout recipes. Not a normal purchase for us, but we do enjoy them. I'm thinking of trying this Balsamic Bacon Brussels Sprout recipe I found on The Joy Parade blog. 


Because, let's be honest, everything is better with bacon! 
Any other brussels sprout recipes I should try? 

No comments:

Post a Comment