Image Map

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Adventures in the Kitchen: CSA Week #9

Almost half way though our summer of CSA veggies and fruit! Here is what was in our box this week:

Peaches, 2 colors of beans, potatoes, cantaloupe, tomatoes, blueberries, onion, garlic, yellow squash, zucchini, and a green pepper.

I'm excited to try the garlic - we use garlic in quite a few dishes in our house.

I tried the yellow beans when I was snapping them and they tasted pretty much the same as the green beans.

Last week I used some of our corn and cucumbers to make a new dish....I'm not sure what to call it, but it was yummy! Here is what I made and maybe you can help me decide what to call it!

Ingredients:
1 cucumber
1 ear of sweet corn
1/2 c cottage cheese
3 T chopped fresh chives
1 T chopped fresh basil
Salt and pepper

Cut corn off the cob into a mixing bowl. Peel and slice cucumber in half. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and dice the crunchy part of the cucumber. Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and add seasoning to taste.

I ate it with a fork, like a salad. And then I decided to use some crackers to scoop it up, and it was more like a dip/salsa...Any suggestions as to what I should call this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment