Image Map

Friday, July 18, 2014

Adventures in Reading: Silenced by Dani Pettrey

Normally I enjoy historical fiction for my "fun" reading. But when this book came up on the Bethany House blogger review list, I was intrigued by the description. 

"Jake Knew Something Was Wrong. 
But He Never Guessed How Wrong. 
A relaxing day of rock climbing takes a disturbing turn when Kayden McKenna's route brings her face-to-face with a dead climber. Is it a terrible accident or something darker? When the case is handed to overburdened sheriff Landon Grainger, he turns to Jake Westin for help. With Jake's past now revealed, he's ready to use his talent for investigation again--but he could never prepare for where the mystery will take him."


My thoughts: I very much enjoyed Dani Pettrey's style of writing/story telling. It was an easy to follow story line (good 'summer beach reading') with lots of action, details, and shocking plot twists and turns. This is the fourth book in Pettrey's Alaskan Courage series. While there were a few points in the book that I felt like I may have been missing some information/back story that was in a previous book, especially when it came to some of the not-so-main characters. (Although after reading book 4, I would like to pick up the previous 3 books in the series!) Maybe if I had read the other books, I would have not been as surprised at the twist near the end of the book. But this story really kept me turning the pages and saying up past my bedtime until the very end! 

*This book was provided free of charge from Bethany House Publishing, but the thoughts in this post are all my own true opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment