Image Map

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Adventures in Baby Showers: "Birds and the Bees" Gender Neutral Baby Shower

Last weekend I hosted a baby shower for my sweet friend Sarah!
I had a blast planning, crafting and making this little shower happen and I have been bursting with excitement to share all the details with you! I wanted to make sure I didn't leave anything out, so this post will just be on the theme and invitations, and next week I will share about the decorations, food, and games (oh, and my horrible nightmare I had the night before the shower!!) 
But here is a sneak peek...
Gender Neutral Baby Shower The Birds and The Bees Adventures of D and V

Sarah and her hubby decided to let the gender of their little bun in the oven be a surprise. Picking a unique, fun, and gender neutral theme for the shower had me stumped for a bit!  She did pick out a super cute rug for the baby's room that has a "forest" theme to it. So I started my idea search there...I did a bit of pinning on Pinterest (I made a gender neutral baby shower board to keep all my ideas together) and came up with the theme of  


"The Birds and The Bees" 
(cute, right?!) 

Combining a few different ideas, I made up these invitations:
Gender Neutral Baby Shower Adventures of D and V Invitation
I just used regular, old Microsoft Word to type the words, printed out 2 invites per sheet of white card stock. Then drew on the tree and bumble bee with colored pencil. The little bird was cut from blue felt and embellished with some silver puffy paint. I backed the white paper with brown to give it a 'forest' look. 

Check out the Decorations and Food Here 

and check out the games we played HERE!!

4 comments:

  1. You are just so crafty & creative!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative and crafty! What cute invitations. I can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those invitations are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the post! Those Baby Shower Invitations are so CUTE! How did the party go? Did you enjoy yourself?

    ReplyDelete