Image Map

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Adventures in Products: February Birch Box

Juicy Couture Couture La La ~ Created with the fearless free spirit in mind, this brand new scent from Juicy Couture is a punk rock update on the original Juicy Couture. One part fruity, one part tart, and one part floral, it’s neither too sweet nor too girly. Thumbs down to fragrances in the BB. Not a fan of the scent. 

Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm ~ Their premium formula is a five-in-one primer, serum, moisturizer, SPF, and sheer tint. It uses exotic caviar extract and other actives to tame problem complexions.  I tried this once and I think I may be allergic to something in it. My face got red and irritated, and I actually washed it off and started over with my make-up for the day. I guess 5-in-1 is to many for me!

Lancôme HYPNÔSE DRAMA ~ Mascara’s volume-boosting abilities have reached new heights with Lancôme’s Hypnôse Drama. It draws its power from the innovative oversized brush and fortifying formula. You’ll get instant volume gratification from the very first coat, and it only gets better from there. I'm not sure that I like the brush, but I do like the results I get from the mascara. My lashes look longer and thicker. The brush is not the best at separating the lashes, but it's shape makes it easy to get all the lashes in the corners of my eyes. 

Ojon damage reverse™ Restorative Finishing Spray ~ Ojon’s Restorative Finishing Spray offers lightweight, malleable hold, leaving hair glossy and pillow-soft (no stickiness, pinky swear!). As part of the damage reverse™ product line, which focuses on combating a slew of tress enemies (including sun, pollution, coloring, chemicals, heat styling, diet, and stress), it also conditions, nourishes and repairs parched and damaged strands. I cant speak to the reversal of damage yet, but I have been liking this finishing spray. The smell is a little strong, but not bad. The sample is quite large so I will be able to use it for a while and hopefully see some results. 

Ghirardelli Milk & Caramel SQUARES ~ Ghirardelli’s melt-in-your-mouth milk chocolate squares filled with velvety caramel. The individually-wrapped squares are perfect for snacking, and each is just under 75 calories. If you can be convinced to share, they make thoughtful treats for fellow chocolate-lovers. Ghirardelli has always been one of my favorite chocolates so this little treat was a nice surprise in my  box this month! If you have never tried their chocolate, you totally should! 


Overall this month's box was just ok. 3 out of the 5 items I have enjoyed. Hopefully next month will be 5 out of 5!  

6 comments:

  1. I'm totally jealous of your mascara! Great box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, I hope I get that mascara in next month's box! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yours is the first I've seen with the mascara in it, which makes me SUPER jealous!!! I really wanted to try that! Your samples seem to be the best out there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got this box too. Was very happy with it but disliked the juicy perfume as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree about scents - I really don't like perfume and never wear it, so I have to give any samples away when I get them in my box, too. I didn't get any Lancome products this month, which I was bummed about, but it wound up working out well because I already have two Hypnose Drama samples from prior Sephora orders (overall I like this mascara, but I'm a fan of non-curved, non-plastic mascara brushes, and the curve in this brush is puzzling to me - I don't see how it enhances anything). I actually ordered and full-size of the Hypnose Star by cashing in my bonus points, and I'm sending it back (so disappointed - the outside tube is gorgeous/sparkly, but the mascara goes on horribly and flaked onto my face and into my eyes all day long - biggest product fail I've had in a long time - besides the Dr. Jart BB cream, that is!). I love getting hair products to try - one of the best parts! Sorry you had a bad reaction to the BB cream, too - there are some crazy ingredients in there so who knows which one might have caused you the issue. Here's hoping next month is a 5 out of 5 for you!

    XO

    ~Mandy
    hello-dear-wind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really hate getting perfume samples in my box! hoping next month's is better for you! thanks so much for linking up for birchbox brag!

    ReplyDelete