Image Map

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Adventures in the Basement: Mid-December Update

Well it has been about a month since we got the new concrete floor poured and we have slowly been working on some insulation, framing out some walls, and planning how we want everything to come together.
Standing at the bottom of the stairs looking down what will be the hallway. Family room on the right and a office/bedroom on the left of the red pole. 
 Bathroom. There is a window above the toilet, but the hole still needs to be cut in the pink insulation foam for it.
 In the bathroom, standing over where the toilet will be looking towards the sink and pocket door that will go between the bathroom and the walk in closet for the master bedroom. That was Daniel's idea and I am so excited about it!
And we have been getting information about doing a glass enclosed shower with a knee wall on one side, kind of like this
                                                  Contemporary Bathroom design by San Francisco Design-build Harrell Remodeling
But with tile, not marble. And the glass would go all the way to the ceiling to make it a steam shower if we want! 

 Standing in the closet looking into the bedroom. There is a window behind that pink insulation, but again the hole still needs to be cut for it.

I will try to get a drawing together of the layout of the basement. It is kind of hard to explain, but we are getting it all laid out. Daniel's project today is building the new stairs so I don't have to go outside to get to the basement to do laundry! (I am VERY excited about that!) I just wanted to give you a quick look at our progress! One thing is for sure, this kind of work is much more detail and much less back breaking labor than the digging was! 

6 comments:

  1. I'd tile the ceiling if you plan to use it as a steam shower.

    I like that idea though man I could use one haha.

    Coming together it's crazy from seeing it a bit ago with no floors to framing it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness such a journey! I bet every little thing that makes it look more like a home is super exciting! Oh steam showers are the best! We don't have one now but back in the day we did and I LOVED it.

    This is only my 2nd month with ipsy but I've been very happy with it! I feel like I've got my money's worth! I'm sure there are eh months just like with BB but I'm glad I canceled!

    Kendra aka Domestic Princess in Training :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys are moving right along. I LOVE that shower!

    www.dreamsandcolour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is looking wonderful. I would love to seeing a drawing of the layout. That shower would be awesome. Just know that you have to squeegee and wipe it down each time you shower. Actually it use to drive me crazy but after six years ours still looks pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete