Image Map

Monday, September 24, 2012

Adventures in Married Life: Thinking Alike

I have a story about frozen greek yogurt and I thought it would be an appropriate story for
miscellany monday at lowercase letters
Last Thursday I was at the grocery store and happened to walk down the ice cream aisle. One of the "new product" stickers caught by eye behind the slightly frosty glass door of the frozen yogurt compartment. It was greek frozen yogurt! Daniel and I have been loving greek yogurt lately (the un-frozen kind) and I thought this would be a fun, and kind of healthy treat for us - and it was on sale! So I dropped a container into my cart and headed to the check out line. 

Later that night, when Daniel was done with work, we met at the appliance store to pick out a new washing machine (oh, yeah, our washing machine broke and it cost the same amount to fix it as it does to buy a new one). We picked out a good one, but found out we had to wait another week to get it delivered! Needless to say, I was not thrilled that I had to go another week without an washing machine...and was in a bit of a grouchy mood. I had an errand to run on my way home, so I went one way and Daniel went home. Or so I thought. Instead he stopped at the grocery store on his way home to get a surprise to cheer me up. (Isn't he sweet?!) Well, we got home at the same time and he held up the plastic grocery bag with a smile on his face, "I got something special for you!". I looked into the bag, and I pulled out...

Vanilla Greek Frozen Yogurt. 
I guess it is true, 
married people do start to think alike.
Good thing we like it, 
because we have 2 in our freezer to eat.

Happy Monday!


8 comments:

  1. What a fun story! My husband and I do that sort of thing, too. I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Wait until you've been married 41 years. You can finish each others' conversation. :o) Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! Love it, and I agree, married people do start to think alike for sure! Have you tried it yet? Do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny! Don't worry, you can never have too much frozen goodness ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cute! And I love your "about us" story!!!

    If you have a chance - Come and visit our blog too... :)
    http://travelingwithjc.blogspot.com

    Catherine (new follower)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! That's too funny! Thanks for the comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute story and so true. We've been married 42 years and we often know what the other is thinking before they finish their sentence. Isn't it grand! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute! and sweet! basically just "aw!"

    ReplyDelete