Image Map

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Adventures in Home Improvement: Home Goals for 2012

As I was browsing around blog land the other day, I came across a post by The Nester that I thought was so perfect for me! She is hosting a party today for posts about "Home Improvement Goals for 2012". Writing down goals always makes me think much more about them, and really makes them real. When I was swimming in college I would always write down my goal times and tape them to the wall right next to my bed so I keep those goal times in mind all the time...It helped me to keep focused on the end goal. So I am going to give this goal writing a try with our home improvement goals (but this time I am not going to print these off and tape them to the wall in my bedroom).


Little goals:
Finish paint in kitchen ~ As you can see, there are some spots we just didn't get to with the paint. Most people don't even notice, and most days it doesn't bother me, but it will be nice when it is done.



Put up shelves in dining room ~ Daniel built these beautiful shelves on my request, but we never actually hung them...



organize office ~ This is the extra room in our house and has kind of become a catch all for items that don't have a home. I use it for tutoring, crafting, sewing and it is a guest room for the occasional guest. It is in serious need of a clean out and reorganize. 



Big Goals:
Finish basement ~ This goal will most likely take more than just one year to complete, but we want to start working on it this summer. I guess the first step to achieving this goal is to clear all the junk/tools out of the basement!


This is only a small part of the basement, but the other parts are so yucky that I couldn't bring myself to take pictures of them! Once they are all cleaned out, I will take some "before" pictures. 

So there you have it, our home improvement goals for 2012! 
Do you have any home improvement goals for this year?

4 comments:

  1. Saw your post at the Nester. We have a similar basement goal. You should go look at my basement stuff too! You won't feel so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! found you at the nester's home goal party for 2012-good luck with your goals too!I'm your newest follower- Stop on by to visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your goals! I'm really excited about your new basement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should do a post on that too! #1- paint our bedroom. It needs a touch up and I never really liked the color. #2- is probably also hang some shelves. We have very little horizontal space for home furnishings and picture frames. Oh wow, I'm going to have to think about this!

    ReplyDelete