Image Map

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Adventures in DIY: Tip #3

OK, get ready for another tip for surviving a DIY home project!
Tip #3 just so happens to go along with Jenni's "Blogtember" theme for the day:
Thursday, September 5: Pass on some useful advice or information you learned and always remembered. 



So here we go....
Tip #3 to survive a DIY home improvement project is a lesson I will always remember...

 If your husband tells you to "pick out what you like", make sure you look at the price before you show him what you like.

I learned this one the hard way on a previous DIY home project!

 When we were installing a tile back splash in our kitchen, my wonderful husband took me to the tile store and told me to pick out what I liked for the back splash....so I did. 


And let's just say, I have expensive taste when it comes to tile! I had no idea how much the tile cost, I just did what he told me to and picked out what I liked. We love our back splash, but I still get teased about my expensive taste in tile. 

Most DIY home improvement projects have some kind of budget and the majority of that budget goes to supplies. We have learned to watch for sales on the items that we will be needing for a project, and to shop around for the look we want at the right price for our project. 

Did you miss the first 2 tips for surviving a home DIY project?



3 comments:

  1. What practical advice!! Yes, home improvement projects can be seriously impacted by simply the choice of materials used, and their cost! :P

    The Random Writings of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. brilliant - this is handy advice! (handy, haha. see what i did there?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha. Always, always look at the cost. Unless you aren't paying, then pick away!

    ReplyDelete