Image Map

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Adventures in Gluten Free Cooking: Sweet Asian Pork

We love rice! As usual I had no real plans for the recipe, I just used what I had on hand (3 thawed pork chops that needed to be eaten) and the mood I was in and Ta-Da! A quick recipe for a yummy dinner.
Ingredients:
pork chops cubed (I used 3)
1 green pepper chopped
1/2 c chopped onion
3 cloves chopped garlic
Sauce:
1/2 c. honey
1/4 c soy sauce
1/2 c ketchup 
2 T sesame oil
1 t chili powder
1 T garlic powder
1 T onion powder
1/2 t sea salt
1 t pepper
Optional: 2 T honey seasoning (see picture below)

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. 
Cut pork and veggies.
Mix all sauce ingredients.

The last sauce ingredient is this honey seasoning from our local olive oil and spice store. I'm not sure that it really added that much to the recipe, but I wanted to try some in this.

Combine sauce with meat and veggies in a oven safe dish with a lid (I used a Corningware dish) Cook covered for 30 min (stir at 15 min and start your rice when you do!) and then another 15 min uncovered. For a total of 45 min. If you cut your pork into larger chunks you may need a bit longer to make sure it is cooked all the way.
Serve over rice. 
Do you have a favorite rice dish?

7 comments:

  1. Yum! We had something similar last night. Except a chicken/broccoli/red pepper stir fry over rice. soy sauce, honey, ginger, garlic Yum. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delish! I'm pinning it so I remember to make it- what I did I do before pinterest?! I have a running list of recipes to try when I just don't know what to make! :) Hope you're having a great day!
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, this looks DELISH! I may have to bookmark this one. ;)

    Stopping by from the hop. I hope you'll stop by Gumdrop Pass and say hello :)

    Have a happy Thursday! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really good! I'm celiac, so any rice dish is a favorite.:) Thanks so much for sharing. I'm pinning to use later.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for linking up to CountryMommaCooks Link & Greet Party!
    Hope to see you next Saturday……Have a blessed week:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, sounds tasty! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe at Shine on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete