Image Map

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Adventures in Reading: A very merry Christmas prayer

As Rebekah grows and understand more things, we really want to teach her to be thankful. Not just on Thanksgiving, but every day, because we are so very blessed! I saw this posted on facebook and it made me laugh and sad at the same time...



Sometimes it is easy to get caught up in what I would call "secular Christmas" and we can forget what Christmas is really all about. 

I have been on the look out for ways we can keep our family focus on the true reason for Christmas and keep our hearts full of thankfulness - and I got a really great book that does both of those things! 

A Very Mery Christmas Prayer is a unique book published by Tommy Nelson. The sharp of the book is unique - the open side is shaped like a Christmas tree! The cover is unique because it has sparkles on it! The story inside is unique because it combines traditional Christmas elements with a sweet Christmas prayer. And the illustrations are sure to put anyone into the Christmas spirit!

If you would like to win a free copy of A Very Merry Christmas Prayer, just leave a comment below telling me your favorite Christmas tradition! I will pick the winner on Monday! 

2 comments:

  1. Awe, sounds like a book my Grans would enjoy (and me too). My favorite tradition is on Christmas Eve we have a b'day party for Jesus complete with cake and read the Christmas story. I have a wooden manager and have a swaddled doll in it and the grans love it and it makes my Christmas for sure. Thanks for sharing your "find" with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved that book too! My favorite Christmas tradition is drinking sparkling cider with Derek and looking at the tree after we put all the presents out on Christmas Eve. :-)

    ReplyDelete