Image Map

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Adventures in Reading: Hoodwinked

The other day I mentioned that I am apart of a launch team for a new book that comes out next week. It's called Hoodwinked: 10 Myths Moms Believe and Why We All Need to Knock It Off. 

I requested to join the launch team kind of on a whim. I didn't know much about either of the authors, and to be honest I didn't think I really believed any myths about being a mom. But it seemed like an interesting topic to read about, so I went for it. And I'm sure glad that I did. I really think that any mom - no matter what age your kids are - will benefit from reading this book. 

I was convicted about how I sometime think about and treat other moms.

I was challenged to reflect upon my own relationship with the Lord and how it relates to being a mom.

I learned that some of the feelings I have had since becoming a mom are directly related to believing in some of these mothering myths that our culture teaches women. 

I have unlocked some precious wisdom that I will hold close in the future as Rebekah grows up. 

The authors weave together personal stories from their mothering days with Biblical examples and wisdom about God's truth for mothers. I just can not say enough good things about this book! Here are a few of my favorite quotes:  




There are still a few days to pre-order a copy of Hoodwinked - and for everyone who pre-orders a copy there are a bunch of freebies that come with your book. For more info just click {HERE} to the Proverbs 31 Ministry site to order! 

No comments:

Post a Comment