Image Map

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Adventures in Life: Thankful Thursday

I've written many times about my love of lists. I love making lists of all kinds. Grocery, To Do, Christmas lists...I love crossing things off my lists when I've completed them (makes me feel like I've accomplished things). I also love making lists of things that I am thankful for. Often my "thankful lists" are written in my prayer journal. I find that it is a good way to keep my focus on the many blessings in our life, and helps remind me where my joy comes from. So here is a little list of the things I have found myself being thankful for over the past few days:

I am thankful for my parents visit last week and all the work they do when they come. Not only do they love on and play with Rebekah, but they also help with cleaning, organizing, and other tasks around the house that Daniel and I have a hard time finding time and energy to do. I am SO thankful for them! (and for the new light bulbs in my closet that my dad put in! I can see my clothes again! yay!)

I am thankful for Rebekah sleeping though the fireworks being set off by our neighbors late into the night (some of them right in front of our house!) on the 3rd, 4th, AND 5th. I am SO SO SO thankful she did not wake up even once (to the fireworks that is, she still woke up her normal 2 times a night to nurse...I take what I can get!)

I am thankful that I made time for Rebekah and I to take a trip to the pool on Monday - because the weather the rest of this week has been cold and yucky!





2 comments:

  1. What an adorable picture peeking through the sunglasses!! Your parents remind me of how my parents were when they had their health. You are definitely blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our youngest grandbaby slept right through the fireworks ... & we were literally sitting right under them. Babies can sleep through anything :)

    I had in my gratitude journal this week my parents... its a blessings to have parents still around.

    ReplyDelete