Image Map

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Adventures in the Kitchen: CSA Week #7

Another exciting CSA Wednesday! (And its Rebekah's 11 month birthday! Post about that coming tomorrow!) Lets get to what's in the box:

Beets, green beans, cabbage, potatoes, cherries, onion, kohlrabi, green pepper, cucumbers, zucchini, yellow squash, and tomatoes. 

I'm pretty excited for the kohlrabi! It's a veggie that my Gramma Seger always had on hand in the summer and it makes me think of her. I just peel, slice, and salt it just a tad and enjoy the crisp, crunchy veggie raw. Does anyone ever cook the kohlrabi? 

I'm thinking of making some home made ketchup in my crock pot with the tomatoes and onions. (I will be sure to share how that one goes.) And this Cherry Almond Crisp  from Iowa Girl Eats caught my eye when I was looking for cherry recipes. 
Yum!

What do you like to make with fresh cherries? 

1 comment:

  1. I think you have the right idea - a cobbler or pie? MMMM...

    ReplyDelete