Image Map

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Adventures in Products: #FrostyVoxBox from Influenster

I am always on the look out for new products. So a few years ago when I heard about Influenster (an online community of educated consumers who live to give opinions of products and experiences) I knew I wanted to sign up. In December, I received the Frosty Vox Box and I have been trying out the products inside. Here are some of my thoughts about the products in the box I received for free for the purpose of testing and review....


*NYC Expert Last Lip Color in Sugar Plum - I'm more of a lip gloss girl... but I kind of like this color. It's not to bright or bold. But not a nude lip color (I totally can not pull off a nude lip stick, it makes me look ill!) I have used this a few times are really like the texture and feel of it. And it lasts quite a long time. 

*Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane Decaf Green Tea - I love everything about this tea! Stay tuned for more on this one (I've got a whole post coming on it!)....

*EcoTools Hair Brush ~ According to their webside: the bristle pattern allows the synthetic boar’s hair-like bristles to penetrate down to the scalp, distributing hair’s natural moisturizers and leaving hair with a sleek, lustrous shine. When blowing dry the brush dries hair faster due to its aerodynamic Eco-Vent™ design. Less time drying allows for less heat damage and quicker prep time!

My thoughts: I know using heat on your hair can damage it. So I really try to use the lease amount of heat that I can on my hair. Most days I do not blow dry my hair. But sometimes it just needs to happen and I did feel like this brush helped my hair dry slightly faster when using it with my blow dryer. However, I felt like it left my hair with a little extra static. This could just be from the cold, dry weather we are having. The bristles are soft and do not hurt my scalp, which I like. I'm going to keep using it and see if the weather makes the difference with the static. 
 
* No.7 Protect and Perfect Advanced Serum. Cold, dry air also makes my skin extra dry. I really don't know if the sample size of this No. 7 serum was enough for me to see any real results. I liked the smell and it did not irritate my sometimes sensitive skin. The package says it fights signs of ageing...and I'm starting to see some of those signs on my face (eek!) so maybe I need this! 

*Rimmel Gentle Eye Makeup Remover - Again, I have pretty sensitive skin, but I have been using this remover for a few weeks with no problems. The bottle that came in the box is a good size and will last me for a while. It doesn't leave my skin feeling oily like some make-up removers I have used. After my free bottle is gone, I will probably be purchasing some more. (That's how much I like it!) 

*Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Eyeliner - I didn't think I was going to like this one. I usually just do a light eyeliner with a darker shade of eye shadow and a brush, but I was pleasantly surprised. This eyeliner went on very smooth. I hate when eyeliner pencils pull on my eyelids as I'm applying. It stayed right where I applied it and didn't create an additional line where my eyelid folds. 

*McCormick Gourmet Thyme - Already used this dry spice several times - most recently in some gluten free, dairy free deconstructed chicken pot pie (yep, that's a mouth full of a name! Basically the pot pie filling served over gluten free biscuits...) The flavor is wonderful and a little goes a long way unlike some brands of spices. 

*Fruit Vines Bites - Well, these little yummers were gone the very first day I opened my box! No preservatives (yay!). They were soft and chewy. I got the cherry flavor. I have to be honest, they were not bursting with flavor. Possibly because the are more 'natural' than similar products. I did enjoy the treat, but wished for a bit more cherry in the bites. 

There you have it. Great box right?! 8 products. Some pretty good items, maybe even some new favorites. 

If you would like to be Influenster member, just let me know and I can send you an invite. It's free. You get free products and review them via blog, facebook, instagram, and twitter. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the tea too...
    Hate the Red Vines... it made my cap come off my tooth & a trip to the dentist.
    Hate the hair brush too - frizzes my hair. Boo

    ReplyDelete