Image Map

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Adventures in Reading: Where Treetops Glisten

Normally I have a very strict "NO Christmas before Thanksgiving" rule. And it is a VERY big deal for me to break this rule. But I did it. I broke the rule. I read a Christmas book...I started it before Halloween even! (But let's be honest here, Hobby Lobby has their Christmas trees up already, so I'm not the only one who is doing Christmas stuff already!)

The book is called "Where Treetops Glisten" and it is actually 3 stories, by 3 authors, about 3 different members of the Turner family. Each story is set in the Christmas season of a different year of World War II. And each of the members of the Turner family have a different lesson that God is teaching them. Mystery, romance, forgiveness, learning to trust... All elements to make a great trio of stories.  



I originally wanted to read this book because one on the stories is written by my favorite author Sarah Sundin. But I enjoyed each of the 3 stories equally and wished they were their own full length book. The characters and story draw the reader in from page one. I was satisfied with the conclusion of each story and since each main character was a part of the same family, the stories all tied into one another. The 3 ladies must have had a fun time writing this wonder piece of historical holiday fiction together! 

If you are looking for a fun read this Christmas season - I would totally recommend Where Treetops Glisten. 

I did receive this book for free from litfuse publish but the opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment