Image Map

Friday, August 29, 2014

Adventures in Reading: Home to Chicory Lane

Everyone has dreams of things that they would like to do "some day". Want to know a secrete? One of my dreams is to have a house on some land and open a little bed and breakfast. So when I read the summery of Deborah Raney's new book Home to Chicory Lane, I knew I needed to read it! 

The first in a new series, Home to Chicory Lane, is about the Whitman family. We are first introduced to the Whitman parents, Audrey and Grant, who have worked hard turned their family home into a bed-and-breakfast. On the weekend their inn is set to open, their youngest daughter unexpectedly shows up, without her husband, and her parents suspect trouble. 

This is the first book by Deborah Raney that I have read and I'm excited to read more!  
I very much enjoyed her style of writing. This story was filled with real life characters with real life problems. The theme of God's plan and perfect timing, even when we can not see it, is woven throughout the story. I was imitatively drawn into the story and found myself relating to the characters, rooting for them and hurting with them. I am excited to see what else is in store for the Whitman family in the books to come! 

I was given this book free of charge from Litfuse Publicity, but the opinions are my own true opinion. 
Home to Chicory Lane Deborah Raney

No comments:

Post a Comment