1. Are you settling for something?
I don't know what to make of this question...I'm curious to see what other's in the link-up have to say. I really can't think of anything I'm settling for.
2. It wasn't that long ago almost every store in the US locked doors and turned out lights on Thanksgiving Day. This year many will be open all day Thursday, giving shoppers a jump start on 'Black Friday'. In your opinion is this a good thing or a not so good thing? Will you be shopping on Thanksgiving Day?
I really think it's a shame that stores are opening on Thanksgiving. I know people want to get the 'good deals' but it seems like if we all just agree not to shop on Thursday, maybe next year all these stores will re-think their strategy and let their employees spend the holiday with their family. I have never, ever, not even once shopped on Black Friday. I have a personal goal of ordering all of my gifts on line - with free shipping of course!
3. Speaking of shopping... I saw a recent article on the twelve best shopping cities in the world. In order they are-
New York, Tokyo, London, Kuala Lumpur, Paris, Hong Kong, Buenos Aires, Vienna, Dubai, Madrid, Milan, and Seoul.
Ever shopped in any of the cities listed? In which city would you most like to pull out the plastic or cold hard cash?
Ooo! I've never been to any of them but would love to shop in London, Vienna, or Milan! I've always wanted to go to Europe!
4. When did you last dine by candlelight?
A month or so ago we were at a restruant with very low lighting and candles at the table...does that count?
5. What do you have too much of?
That depends on who in the house you ask - Daniel would say I have to much fabric and craft supplies (and lets be honest, I would have to agree!). I would say we have to many tools! But I guess that what happens when you are a DIY couple fixing up a house. Tools everywhere!
6. The Hunger Games...are you a fan? Did you read the book(s)? Will you/have you seen the movie? Will you/have you seen Catching Fire? No spoilers please!
I have read all of the books, seen the first movie, and plan on seeing the 2nd movie as soon as I have a chance. We are leaving on vacation tomorrow (eek!) and I'm thinking of re-reading the 2nd book while we are away so the story is fresh in my brain when I get to see the movie. I've totally watched every trailer for the movie...at least twice!
7. Share your plans for Thanksgiving Day. The who, the where, the what...especially the what! As in what's for dinner? If you're one of my International visitors, whose homeland doesn't celebrate American Thanksgiving (the whole world doesn't ya know!), then still tell us your plans for Thursday.
Out Thanksgiving day is excitingly unexciting. No turkey. No pumpkin pie. But we will be on an air plane to meet up with my parents in Florida to get on a cruise on Friday!
(our cruise ship March 2012)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
While we are gone on vacation I've got a super fun series of guest posts lined up - some of my most favorite blogging ladies are sharing their favorite Christmas traditions. Please come on back starting next Monday to be inspired to start some new traditions!