Sunday was usually a day of church, rest and football for my family...unless by brother and I were competing at a swim meet, then it was a day of chlorine, races, and waiting for races.
2. How comfortable are you with uncertainty? Explain.
I am a plan ahead kind of gal...need I explain further?! Uncertainty gives me anxiety. It's something I'm working on...
3. What have you accomplished recently that might be described as crafty, as in 'arts and crafts' crafty? If crafty doesn't work for you, how about handy? Or both?
Oh, there is almost always a crafty project going on in our house! My most recent project - which I will be posting about next week, was painting and stenciling the room that is soon to be our new master bedroom in the basement. (If stenciling is something you are interested in stop back here next week, because I am doing a Cutting Edge Stencil giveaway!!)
I worked at Starbucks for a few months.
And I honestly learned a lot from the experience. I learned that working in the food service industry is very hard for my personality type. While I get great joy from serving others, I take it very personally when someone is upset about the service they received. I could work a 8 hour shift and successfully serve hundreds of happy customers, but it took just one unhappy person yelling at me to totally wreck my whole week. (And people are VERY serious about their coffee, and if it's not right, they usually yell at whoever is in front of them. It's been years since I worked there, and I can still clearly remember the verbal thrashing I received from one unhappy customer.)
5. Cold turkey, talk turkey, what a turkey...in recent days, which turkey phrase or idiom best applies to you and why? Click on the word turkey if you need to read more about the meaning behind each phrase.
"What a turkey" is something my grandma used to say all the time...but I never really knew what it meant until today!
6. If you could have any one guest join your Thanksgiving dinner table, who would it be?
Oh, gosh! This is a hard one...If I'm picking from people both living and dead, I would say my Grandma Seger. Thanksgiving has just not been the same since she passed away last year.
7. What is one thing you must accomplish today?
Meet Ree Drummon ~ The Pioneer Woman! She is doing a book signing in the Chicago-land area tonight, and I am SOOOOO excited to meet her! (More on that tomorrow!)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We are getting ready for a super fun vacation with my parents the week after Thanksgiving - and I can't wait! I have been counting down the days!