Image Map

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Adventures in Tips: From The Plumber #3


Tip #3
Toilet Talk
Only flush human waste and toilet paper down the toilet! 

Even if the product you are using 
seems flushable 
like Kleenex or dental floss 
Even if the product you are using
 says it is flushable
like baby wipes, tampons, or toilet bowl scrub pads..

DON'T DO IT!

If you are easily grossed out, don't keep reading this one, just follow the above directions.
(Ok, you were warned!)

When Daniel goes to fix a clogged toilet, about 70% of the time it is a tampon related clog. I know they say flushable. But when one gets stuck somewhere in your sewer line, it is only a matter of time before more are added to the clump and suddenly you have a completely blocked pipe. So, trust me, throwing them in the trash is way cheeper than paying a plumber to unclog your toilet!

Did you miss a Tip?

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea Ramon's said they were flush able. I don't flush anything but toilet tissue. We have a garbage can next to the toilet I'd be horrified if A plumber told me it was tampon related!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great. Of course, being the niece of a plumber who I worked for, I knew some of these. AND when I share this particular tip, no one believes me. They think it's gross. It is but there's no getting around it!

    ReplyDelete