Image Map

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Adventures in Tips: From The Plumber #1

We are nearly finished with the plumbing and electrical work in the basement! Daniel has been doing most of this work (not exactly my skill set!) and I got to thinking,
Did you know that Daniel is a plumber?
Yep, he is. It comes in pretty handy! 

I was thinking the other day 
that his brain is filled with plumbing tips 
and knowledge that people may find useful.

So I am starting a new little Adventure here called

Tip #1
When it comes to the garbage disposal 
Less Is Best!
Just because you CAN put things like potato peels in the garbage disposal does not mean you SHOULD. Scrape plates and dishes into the trash can whenever possible. 

Seems like common sense right? Well, Black Friday is one of the busiest days for Daniel because so many people smash their disposals full of potato peels and other Thanksgiving food bits and the disposals just cant handle the work.

Same thing goes with coffee grounds. They appear to go down the drain easily, but will get stuck in the trap of the disposal...and they will get very stinky in there! 

If you have any plumbing questions, you can leave them in a comment, and we will do our best to answer them directly or in our next installment of "Tips From The Plumber". 

4 comments:

  1. I've always been curious about garbage disposals... I've never had one. My step daughter crams EVERYTHING down hers though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done the potato peel thing a couple of times. You are so right! It DOESN'T work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man, this is the coolest thing ever. thanks for sharing your plumbing wisdom. if I can think of something I'll ask :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great thread idea for your blog! I'm looking forward to more tips! Stacie xo

    ReplyDelete