Image Map

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Adventures in Blogging: Sunday Social Childhood Edition

Notice anything new on the side bar? Or on the page links above? On October 11th, I am hosting a FALL PHOTO LINK PARTY! Click on the page above for all of the details! I would love it if you would like to join in on the fall photo fun! 

This week's questions on Sunday Social are all about my childhood!

1. What do you miss most about being a kid?
NAP TIME! I used to pretend I was asleep...I'm sure my mom knew better. Most days, at about 1pm, I wish I could take a nap!

2. Did you have a nickname growing up? What was it?
My dad has always called me Sweet Pea, and in high school my swim team called me Ronni (but I hated it!)

3. What was your favorite thing to do at recess?
I loved playing on the playground. Climbing as high as I could! And jumping rope was a favorite. (more on that in answer #5!)

4. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I always wanted to be a teacher!

5. What was your favorite toy?
I would go in phases with favorite toys. I remember wanting a Skip-it for soooo long! But we lived on a gravel road, with a gravel drive-way...Skip-its didn't work that well on gravel. So when I finally got one, I had to wait until there were no card in the garage to use it!  I bet your remember the song from the commercial "Hey now kids, come gather round. See what just skipped into town. But the very best thing of alllll, is that there is a counter on this balllll!" Wow, that brain space could be put to such a better use!
I also remember LOVING to jump rope. I have a real long one for the playground that 4 kids could all jump at once.

6. What is the funniest thing you did as a kid that your parents still remind you about?
When I was 3 years old, my parents took my brother and I to the park to play. When it was time to head home, my dad and I were going to 'race' back to the car - even at a young age I was very competitive and did not like to lose! Ready, Set, GO! And I was off running with my little 3 year old legs going as fast as they could, occasionally looking back at my dad who was 'running' behind me. (I'm sure it was more like a walk!) About half way across the grassy area of the play ground, I really wanted to win! And my dad was gaining on me! So in my little 3 year old voice, wanting to win the race, I started yelling "Don't beat me Daddy! Don't beat me!" But you have to wonder what the other people at the park were thinking when a little girl is running in front of her father yelling "Don't beat me daddy!" Needless to say my parents were very embarrassed at my choice of words...I am pretty sure I beat my dad to the car! 


Sunday Social

3 comments:

  1. I loved jumping rope and my neighbor had a skip it we would try to break 'records' and stuff with it haha

    ashley
    ashleyspain.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - that's the funniest story I've heard lol how embarrassing for your parents! But too cute (:

    Happy Sunday!

    xox, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shouldn't laugh, but number 6 is the stuff. Nice one!

    Brittney @ The Sweet Life

    ReplyDelete