Image Map

Friday, June 1, 2012

Adventures in Favorites: Flowers, Song, and Movie

I mentioned a while ago {here} that my favorite flowers to grow in my garden are moss roses. 
They seed themselves (when you pull off the dead blooms) and come back every year. These beauties came from the grocery store - the blooms were so pretty that I to get just one bunch to plant! 
The rest of the moss roses are still just the bright green spiky plants...
but the blooms will be coming soon. 

When I was taking these pictures, one of my favorite hymns popped into my head...
and the song reminds me of one of my favorite books/movies Little Women 
(For The Beauty of the Earth is the song they sing when Meg gets married)
I couldn't find a clip of the wedding, but this is another favorite part of the movie.
Jo sells her hair!
The 2 minutes on that clip make me laugh out loud and then cry like a baby!

Anyway, back to the hymn.
For all 6 verses (I actually didn't know there were that many!) you can click {HERE}

For the beauty of the earth,
for the glory of the skies,
for the love which from our birth,
over and around us lies.
Lord of all to thee we raise,
This our hymn of grateful praise

friday favorite things | finding joy

No comments:

Post a Comment