Image Map

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Adventures in Life: 10 on Tuesday Deserted Island Edition

This weeks theme on 


Mom2MemphisandRuby
10 things you'd want with you on a deserted island...
I can't link up, 
because I am,
well, 
on an island! 
Not deserted, but without internet connection.
But I thought it would still be fun to play along (just ahead of time)!
For my list I am going to assume I would be stranded for a while, and not just overnight...
1) My hubby - goes without saying I would want my best friend and the most handy guy I know along with me! (Plus he can build us a sweet Swiss Family Robinson style tree house!) 



{image}
2) Matches or some kind of fire starter - and handy as my hubby is, I have never seen him  start a fire by rubbing 2 sticks together. 
3) Bug net - If I am going to be sleeping outside until we can build some kind of shelter, I don't wants bugs getting me in the middle of the night! 


{image}
4) Knife or hatchet - we are going to need to be able to cut things!
5) Stainless steel water bottle - my deserted island has a fresh water spring, so I can fill the water bottle so we don't get dehydrated. 
6) Water proof tarp - I know, I am being practical, but I would like to have a dry place to sit if it rains. 
7) Salt - If I am going to be eating things I find on a desert island...I'm gonna need some salt. Also, I found this article about other smart uses for salt. Who knew!
8) Burt's Bees Lip Balm - In every movie I have ever seen with people stranded on a desert island, they ALWAYS look like they need a good layer of lip balm...So, I'm bringin' some!


9) Extra hair ties - I know that most of the time on the desert I island, my hair will be up in an pony tail...and what if the hair tie I always have on my wrist breaks! And I need another one! I guess I could always use some grass or something, but it just wouldn't be the same. 
10) Yikes! Only one more thing...well, I would have to say, my Bible. Living on a desert island will be very challenging, and being able to read the Word of God would be encouraging and sustaining for us!

There you have it! My 10 on Tuesday list of the the 10 things I would want with me on a deserted island. 

What would you bring? 

No comments:

Post a Comment