Image Map

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Adventures in Home Improvement: Gathering Ideas

One of our home improvement goals for 2012 is to finish our basement (yeah, I know, super big goal!). Since we are starting with a blank canvas of a basement, I have been gathering ideas like crazy. It is fun dreaming of things we can do with the space...







Speaking of bathroom, we are stumped on something and I thought I would ask your advice! Our house has one full bath now, and we will be adding a 2nd one in the basement. Our dilemma: Do we put in just a shower or a combo tub and shower in the new basement bathroom. We do have a tub in the main bathroom. Do we need 2 bathtubs in the house? Thoughts? 

3 comments:

  1. It's nice to have a walk-in shower.
    Personally, I feel that one bath tub is enough for your house....but that's just my 2 cents = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Deb. Even if you have a bunch of kids a dogs to bathe, I doubt you'd ever use 2 bath tubs simultaneously. And isn't it nice to not have to step over the tub to get into the shower? I hate anything I can stub my toes on when I'm feeling lazy in the mornings and don't want to pick my feet up all the way. It's why I'm a fan of a curtain instead of a door on a shower stall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have 2 tub/shower combos now and plan to pull the tub out of the master bathroom and do a nice big walk in steam shower instead (10 year plan!). But, I hate taking baths so I may not be a good judge. Which bathroom will be "your" bath and do you like baths? That could make the decision easy.

    ReplyDelete